Dear Kids Pediatric Dentistry Family,
Just like the Nation, the state of Texas, and school systems have begun to evolve and update their protocols to minimize the spread, we will also move to update our COVID-19 protocols. We want to ensure you all that our guards are always up and our infection control processes will remain consistent with the recommendations of the ADA, CDC, OSHA, and TDA.
The Texas State Board of Dental Examiners has allowed The Emergency Rule to expire. They recommend following CDC guidelines for those in dental settings. What does this mean for us?
Below are the changes that we will continue to implement per the CDC and ADA guidelines to protect the health and wellbeing of our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you via text or email prior to the appointment to complete a COVID-19 screening form. This is a required screening form.
- If your child or someone in your house has become sick prior to the appointment, please call the office to reschedule.
- Please consult your calendars and note appointment dates and times to ensure you will be able to make your confirmed appointments. Due to the limited availability of appointments, last minute cancellations (less than 24 hours) and no- shows will incur a charge of $35.00.
- If someone other than the parent/guardian is coming with your child, please make sure we have an electronically signed consent form 24 hours prior for treatment. We will be unable to see your child without it.
- Yearly medical updates will be sent to you prior to the appointment. Please fill out and return them electronically to the office at least 24 hours prior to the appointment. If not complete prior, we ask that you complete it in our office on our tablet.
- Please make sure you wear a face mask (cloth or disposable) at all times while you are in the office. Children from the ages 3 and up, are required to wear one according to the CDC.
- We will check temperatures upon entering the office. Temp of >100.4 F will be asked to reschedule.
- Screening questions will be asked again upon arrival. If the answer is yes to any question further questioning will be warranted.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer upon entering the office.
- Please only bring the child/children to the office who have appointment(s) at the specified time.
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow enough time for a patient to leave prior to having the next patient enter the building.
- All dental staff members will be screened twice a day prior to seeing patients for signs of illness.
- All dental staff members are required to wear PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) at all times.
- Please inform the office should your child show any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 for up to 14 days after the dental appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, every patient, and our staff, safe in our practice. You can call us at (972) 727-0011. We value your trust and loyalty.
Kids Pediatric Dentistry